Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What next?

Oscar and I just arrived home from our 11.6km run. I know I can do 5 minutes a km now so I pushed myself hard and arrived back home in 0:56:17. This is a PB for that course. Poor Oscar who hasn't been out for a while struggled a bit and has now passed out in his kennel. I may have to let him in for a snooze on the couch for that effort.

I have been doing some research on what to make my next goal. Now that I have reached the Half Marathon goal anything less seems to pale in significance. I will still do a full marathon but I would like to lose another 10 kilos first. I think I will make it a long term goal of the Melbourne Marathon in October 2007. But in the mean time I am unsure what next. Sri Chinmoy are running a 30km race at Princess Park in late July that I am considering but it seems so far away.

My apologies must go to Steve. I wrongly named him as 'Lucky Steve' for winning a pair of Reeboks on Sunday. I'm sure our Steve is lucky but he hasn't won a new pair of shoes to prove it. Now I understand why the poor chap who did win the shoes looked at me very strangely when I made a point of introducing myself as Spark Driver. Doh!

9 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Well, if you're free on Saturday afternoon, you could always come street orienteering. :-))

This Sat (3/6) is at Wantirna South - Old Orchard Reserve (Old Orchard Drive), 2pm. It's a 60-minute run. Bring Oscar.

And to answer your question in my blog - I prefer cross country to street running anytime.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jaykay said...

Me and Michelle are going to do the 30km race at Princes Park, although judging by my latest results I'm not sure that I'm doing the right thing...but if we just treat it as a long slow run we'll get to the finish line eventually!

There's also the Run to the G 1/2 Marathon on the 18th June...

3:28 PM  
Blogger Sekhmet said...

lol - you are making a habit of not recognising ppl aren't you???

I don't have any goals between now and the Princes Park Sri C..... I'm doing a 6hr Rogaine in two weeks (I have no idea how I got talked into that!), but otherwise I am just getting stuck into a proper training schedule as opposed to the haphazard stuff I have been doing until now.

I know what you mean about the distance thing. A friend once told me that generally as you get older you want to run further than faster! Not sure how much truth there is in that, but I know I have sometimes looked at entry fees and started to work out how many k's you get for your dollar lol :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I have someting else on during the weekend of the Run to the G. Otherwise I would have been a starter at this one.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

That 30k run sounds great. Its a good distance to try yourself out on, physically (and mentally( without doing too much damage.

Congrats to you and Oscar on the PB by the way.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm killing myself laughing here. I wondered whether you introduced yourself to 'Lucky Steve' and what response you got.

You're definitely right about the distance thing. Rightly or wrongly I now consider 12+ km runs as the norm during the week and 20+ km runs for the weekend. Years ago it was a lot less than that.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey SD great run on Sunday! Why not come and join us at the ESRG on a Sunday
morning for a long run? This week is
looking like the Dandy Creek Trail 26k
at 7.30am

SB:)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

PR are now natural for you!
Congratulations!

Great you can enjoy and take your time to do the maratho, I just couldn't wait...

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home