Tuesday, October 09, 2007

RACE REPORT PLEASE...

After I missed out on a half marathon entry for the Melbourne Marathon I settled for the 10km race.

But due to too much red wine the night before, the morning of the Melbourne Marathon I was a DNS (did not start).

This is the first event that I have paid for and missed and I am feeling pretty shit about it (especially as it was for such a self indulgent reason as drinking too much ).

Then again maybe this feeling of disappointment is the 'kick up the arse' I need. I have found the motivation for running and any exercise lately very lacking. Those rare times I have gotten out the door have been rewarding once done but such a struggle to get there.

I can't believe I have let myself go so much since last years Melbourne Marathon.

In an attempt to get back to where it all started, Oscar and I went for a 6km walk yesterday, and I have just returned from a 10km bike ride today.

I'm not feeling very good about my current weight and feel I am overdue for a bit of detox from the alcohol (three bottles of cab sav in 24 hours and I NEED detoxing).

I want to feel good about exercise again.

Maybe Spark Driver 3.0???

7 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

OH NO! That means I yelled 'go sparkdriver go' at a complete stranger!
Look these things happen mate.
Everyone has up- and- down cycles of activity - berating yourself will only make you more sad and reluctant. For the time being why not post here every time you do some exercise and ask for encouragement? We're more than happy to cheer you back onto your feet (hug)

1:24 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

I'm sure if you were running further than 10k you wouldn't have drunk so much :-)

I didn't get to drink at all before the marathon. I tried, but the waitress forgot to bring out wine and we'd finished eating by the time she realised. So it was a forced AFD for me.

5:55 PM  
Blogger MorseyRuns said...

I was a DNS as well- and I could have given you my HM number! I am cycling and swimming like crazy to lose my kilos too- but they always seem to find me again. Good luck getting your groove back SparkDriver!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Jadey said...

Maybe a gym mebership would help? I have some specials and it would give you more access to some resistance stuff as well which would help mix it up for you. ANd classes too! You have run the whole time ive known you and I dont remember you mixing it up much (I might be wrong Im bad like that haha) How are your feet going?

11:08 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Posting is a good start - good to see you back SD - maybe it is a goal you need? Stick with it mate.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I guess that makes for a very simple 'race report' ;)

No time like the present to start for that goal - the 2008 Melbourne Marathon is less than 12 months away!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Oh wow, what DID your breath smell like after those 3 bottles? LOL. Joking aside, I am sure you will get back on track!! I rode almost 10km in the blasted wind the other day..along the Werribee River path. Head wind at first, then it was all over the place!!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home